As the first generation concrete admixture, Calcium lignosulfonate is one of the lignin derivatives obtained in the pulp industry. Calcium lignosulphonate (referred to as wood calcium) is a multi-component polymer anionic surfactant. Its appearance is light yellow to dark brown powder with a slight aromatic odor. The molecular weight is generally between 800 and 10,000. Strong dispersibility, adhesion, and chelating properties. It is usually made from the cooking waste liquid of acid pulping (or called sulfite pulping) by spray drying. It is soluble in water but insoluble in any common organic solvents. The PH value of its 1% aqueous solution is about 4-6.
Industrial lignin has the characteristics of polymer and some special properties. It is mainly used in water treatment agents, concrete admixtures, dye dispersants, and various complexing agents, adhesives, etc., but the scope of application is still relatively limited. Although calcium lignosulfonate is a waste material produced in the papermaking process, it still has the basic structure of lignin-benzyl propane derivative, and its sulfonic acid group makes it soluble in water.
Kingsun calcium lignosulphonate has strong decomposability, cohesiveness, and affinity, and has been widely used as pesticide filler, emulsifying and dispersing agent, water suspension and suspoemulsion agent, concrete water reducing agent and auxiliary molding agent, printing and dyeing auxiliary, compound fertilizer, resin, leather tanning agent, mineral powder binder, ceramic auxiliary, refractory plasticizer, and bonding agent, casting, oil well or dam grouting gel, mineral processing dispersant, Feed additives, coal water slurry dispersants and additives, carbon black granulators, asphalt emulsified chemical pesticides and other chemical deep processing fields.
|Index items||Standard value||Test Results|
|Appearance||Brown powder||Meets the requirement|
|Total reducing matter||≤6.0%||4.7|
|Water insoluble matter||≤4.0%||3.67|
|Calcium magnesium general quantity||≤1.0%||0.78|
Application of Calcium Lignosulfonate
Calcium lignosulfonate in concrete is used as a water reducing agent, which can adsorb and disperse cement and can improve various physical properties of concrete. The main features are as follows:
- The dosage is 0.20-0.30% of the cement dosage, and the usual dosage is 0.25%, which can reduce water consumption by 8-12%.
- Without changing the water consumption of concrete, it can increase the fluidity of concrete, improve workability, and improve the quality of the project.
- When the concrete slump is maintained and the strength is the same as that of the reference concrete, it can save 8-10% of cement.
- It has micro-air-entraining properties, which can improve the anti-permeability and freeze-thaw performance of concrete.
- The agent is non-corrosive to steel bars and aggregates after being mixed into concrete.
Calcium lignosulfonate water reducer is suitable for mass concrete, high-fluidity concrete, pumped concrete, commercial concrete, and summer concrete construction, as well as concrete with special requirements for retardation, cast-in-place pile concrete, sunk pile concrete, manual excavation Hole concrete, and underground mass concrete construction are generally used in combination with superplasticizers.
Calcium lignosulfonate used in the smelting industry is mixed with mineral powder to form a mineral powder ball, which is dried and placed in the kiln, which can greatly increase the smelting recovery rate.
It can improve the preference of livestock and poultry, has good particle strength, reduces the amount of fine powder in the feed, reduces the powder return rate, and reduces the cost. The loss of the mold is reduced, the production capacity is increased by 10-20%, and the allowable amount of feed in the United States and Canada is 4.0%.
When making refractory bricks and tiles, calcium lignosulfonate is used as a dispersant and adhesive, which can significantly improve the operating performance, and has good effects such as water reduction, strengthening, and prevention of cracking.
Calcium lignosulfonate is used in ceramic products, which can reduce the carbon content and increase the green strength, reduce the amount of plastic clay, have good mud fluidity, increase the yield by 70-90%, and reduce the sintering speed from 70 minutes to 40 minutes.
Calcium lignosulfonate can also be used in refining auxiliary, casting, pesticide wettable powder processing, briquette pressing, mining, beneficiation agent, road, soil, dust control, leather tanning filler, Carbon black granulation, and other aspects.
Calcium lignin sulfonate is used as a dispersant and has the following advantages:
- First, it has good compatibility with all kinds of pesticide active ingredients.
- The second is that both solid and liquid pesticide formulations have good dispersibility; sometimes they have a certain degree of wettability.
- The third is that it can be completely biodegradable in nature and is environmentally friendly.
- The fourth is abundant resources and low prices.
- Fifth, in addition to good dispersion, it also has anti-precipitation and protective colloid effects.
- Sixth, it can play a role in chelating with metal ions.
- Seventh, it can enhance the hard water-resistance of the suspension agent.
Lignin is insoluble in neutral liquids and organic solvents. In order to produce lignin, there are two most commonly used methods to separate cellulose, hemicellulose, and lignin; and then from the (lignin-containing) pulp waste liquid to produce calcium lignosulfonate.
1. Sulfite pulp method
This is the treatment of wood chips with a well-known hot acidic calcium sulfite acid solution. During this digestion process, part of the lignin is sulfonated, and at the same time, the bond is hydrolyzed. Hydrolysis enables the lignosulfonate molecules to be dissolved in the slurry, and other soluble (such as sugar compounds) products are also obtained, the solubility of which is basically fixed.
2. Kraft pulp (ie sulfate) method
Another method is to treat the sawdust with a hot strong alkali solution, the pH is controlled in the range of 13~14, the lignin in the generated mother liquor is completely dissolved, and the hemicellulose is only partially dissolved. The dissolved product can be modified to obtain products with different properties and multiple specifications so that it has broad application prospects.
Why Choose Kingsun
- With over 10 years of experience, Kingsun company has become a leading calcium lignosulfonate and other concrete admixtures manufacturer and supplier in China.
- With multiple automatic production lines. We can make sure of the timely delivery.
- Kingsun offers high-quality products at competitive prices. We provide professional services and goods to each customer according to their needs.
- We have many years of experience in export, we have a professional foreign trade team, you can totally believe our service.