Sodium lignosulfonate (sodium salt of lignosulfonic acid) is a natural polymer and anionic surfactant. Its appearance is brown powder or liquid, no special odor, non-toxic, easily soluble in water and lye, precipitated by acid, and has strong dispersing ability. As a kind of surfactant, sodium lignosulphonate (SLS) can produce multiple products through modification, processing, compounding and other methods, mainly used in concrete, cement, resin, rubber, dye, pesticide, ceramics, asphalt, feed, water treatment , coal water slurry, refractories, oil field drilling, compound fertilizers, smelting, casting, adhesives.
Sodium Lignosulfonate As Concrete Water Reducer
Sodium lignosulfonate can be used as an admixture for polymers and concrete, and has the advantages of low cost, high efficiency, strong market competitiveness and environmental protection. At present, the construction industry is the largest demand for sodium lignosulfonate. That’s because lignin sulfonate for sale has excellent properties such as high water-reducing performance, low slump loss, high strength and retardation. And this product can adsorb and disperse cement, and improve various physical properties of concrete. In addition, sodium lignosulphonate powder can be formulated into early strength agent, retarder, antifreeze, pumping agent.
- Reduce water consumption by more than 14%.
- Strong adaptability to various cements.
- Improve the workability of concrete.
- Reduce the heat of hydration in the early stage of cement hydration.
- Chlorine-free and non-corrosive to steel bars.
- It has an obvious compounding effect with naphthalene based superplasticizer.
- According to the type of cement, the condition of the aggregate, the type of naphthalene superplasticizer, etc., we need to test and then determine the dosage and ratio.
- The recommended dosage of sodium lignosulfonate in concrete is 0.2%~0.6% (cement weight), and we should determine the optimal dosage after passing the test.
Most concrete water reducing admixture are surfactants. Therefore, the mechanism of action of sodium lignosulfonate is surface activity.
After adding sodium lignosulfonate to the concrete, the hydrophobic group of the water reducing agent is directionally adsorbed on the surface of the cement particles, and the hydrophilic group points to the aqueous solution, forming a monomolecular or multi-molecular adsorption film, so that the cement particles have the same surface. The charges are repelled and dispersed, and excess water is released from between the particles to achieve the purpose of water reduction. At the same time, due to the reduction of the surface tension of water and the interfacial tension between cement particles, the water consumption is correspondingly reduced under the condition of maintaining the same fluidity, which also plays the role of water reduction. Kingsun sodium lignosulphonate powder can greatly reduce the hydration of concrete, reduce the porosity, increase the compactness of concrete, and greatly improve the strength and impermeability of concrete.
- During the construction process, we must strictly control the dosage. Once the amount of sodium lignin sulfonate is too large, it may cause the coagulation time to be significantly prolonged.
- Product delay increases significantly as temperature decreases. The lower the temperature, the slower the strength increase.
- The sodium lignosulfonate powder is easily soluble in water and can be formulated into an aqueous solution of 1％-50％ When dissolving, put water into the container first, then quickly add sodium lignin sulfonate while stirring to avoid agglomeration or prolong dissolution time. After being formulated into a solution, it should be used up within ten days to prevent mildew.
- Before use, we need to carry out the adaptability test of the cement variety. This is because concrete water reducers must be tested and meet the technical requirements before they are put into engineering use.
- For concrete with air-entrained amount, when the air-entrained amount is too large, it is necessary to choose an appropriate vibration time or take other defoaming measures to make the air content meet the technical requirements.
- Used as a dispersant in the printing and dyeing industry. The dispersant NNO is compounded with sodium lignosulphonate as the main raw material. Used as dispersant and filler for vat dyes and disperse dyes, sodium lignosulphonate can increase the color strength of the dye, make the coloring more uniform, and shorten the grinding time of the dye.
- It can be used as filler, dispersant and suspending agent in pesticide processing, greatly improving the suspension rate and wetting performance of wettable powder.
Adding this product in the process of preparing coal water slurry can increase the output of high mill, maintain the normal state of pulping system, reduce the power consumption of pulping, increase the concentration of coal water slurry, and reduce the oxygen consumption and coal consumption in the gasification process. The efficiency of cold gas is improved, and the viscosity of coal-water slurry can be reduced to achieve certain stability and fluidity.
In the manufacturing process of large-scale wall and floor tiles and refractory bricks, the raw material particles of the body can be firmly bonded, and the strength of the dry body can be increased by more than 20%-60%.
It can be used for pressing balls of iron ore powder, lead-zinc ore powder, pulverized coal, and coke powder; pressing of cast iron and cast steel sand molds; extrusion molding of mud brick wall and floor tiles; ball formation of mineral materials It can obtain good effects such as high strength, good stability, and lubricating molds.
In drilling, sodium lignosulfonate can be used as diluting dispersant and viscosity reducer to improve fluidity in crude oil transportation and reduce energy consumption. In petroleum products, it is used as a cleaning agent, dispersant, high-alkaline additive, antirust agent, antistatic agent, emulsifying viscosity reducer, wax-eliminating and anti-wax agent, etc.
1. Kingsun sodium lignin sulfonate has good diffusion properties and can be dissolved in water of any hardness. The aqueous solution has good chemical stability and is biodegradable.
2. The sodium lignosulphonate is a yellow-brown free-flowing powder with hygroscopicity. Soluble in water, not affected by pH changes, but insoluble in ethanol, acetone and other common organic solvents. The aqueous solution is brown to black and has colloidal properties. The viscosity of the solution increases with the increase of concentration. Lignosulfonate has little effect on reducing the interfacial surface tension between liquids, and cannot reduce the surface tension of water or form micelles. Its dispersion mainly depends on the adsorption and desorption of the matrix and the generation of charges.
|Yellow Brown Powder
|Dry Matter %
|Water-insoluble matter %
|Sulfate (as Na2SO4) %
|Content of Ca and Mg %
|Total reducing matter %
|Content of Fe %
|Net 25kg PP bags; 550kg jumbo bags;
Kingsun - Leading Sodium Lignosulphonate Manufacturer & Supplier
As a professional manufacturer and supplier in China, Henan Kingsun chemical Co., Ltd. has more than 15 years’ experiences in construction chemicals industry. In addition, we also provide high quality sodium lignosulfonate, sodium gluconate, PCE superplasticizer, sodium naphthalene superplasticizer and calcium lignosulphonate,etc.
- Kingsun has its own factory and raw materials, as well as advanced production lines, so we can guarantee the sufficient supply and deliver goods on time.
- All of Kingsun products have been exported to more than 30 countries and regions, including Turkey, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, Jordan, Russia, Peru, Bangladesh, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Pakistan, Bahrain, Mexico, Chile, Israel, Qatar, Brazil, etc.
- We always offer good quality products, factory wholesale price and good services for all the customers.