Sodium gluconate, also known as the sodium salt of gluconic acid, is an organic substance with the chemical formula C6H11NaO7. It is a white powder, non-toxic, and good in thermal stability. So it is very soluble in water, slightly soluble in alcohol, insoluble in ether. Moreover, sodium gluconate always plays an important role in many fields, such as construction industry, textile printing and dyeing, food industry, medical industry and so on.
What is Sodium Gluconate Used for?
As we all know, Kingsun sodium gluconate powder has a wide range of applications in different fields, for example, it can be widely used in concrete, soap, food, medical, cosmetics, toothpaste, etc. The following are the main applications of this chemical.
For construction industry, sodium gluconate can be used as concrete retarder admixture and water reducing agent. Besides, adding a certain amount of sodium gluconate 98% min to the cement, which can increase the plasticity and strength of the concrete. It can also delay the initial and final solidification time of the concrete.
(1) Used as Concrete Retarder. It can delay the setting time of concrete, moreover, it can extend the working time of concrete from a few hours to a few days without compromising strength. When you need to place concrete for a long time or the weather is hot, this is an advantage. As a concrete retarder, sodium gluconate retarder has many advantages in the construction industry.
- With sodium gluconate, the Water to Cement (W/C) ratio can be reduced, which increases the strength of the concrete and forms a high-quality concrete. Adding sodium gluconate in concrete can make higher strength and durability concrete.
- Large and heavyweight perfusion construction engineerings are very difficult. Due to the addition of sodium gluconate, the operability of concrete is improved, the setting time is delayed, the contact surface can be avoided on the structure, and the structural strength can be improved.
- Adding sodium gluconate to the concrete mixture can delay the setting time, which is important for long or difficult perfusion.
Now in the concrete industry, pre-mixed concrete is made at a central location and delivered by a mixer truck. In this case, it is important to delay the initial solidification time of concrete.
- Oil well grouting is difficult to operate due to high temperatures. After adding sodium gluconate, the mud can work at 170℃ for several hours.
(2) Water Reducing Admixture. It can reduce the mixing water consumption of concrete and increase the strength of concrete while maintaining the consistency of concrete, cement dosage and slump. The water to cement ratio (W/C) is constant, in this case, the addition of sodium gluconate can improve concrete workability. While the cement content remains the same, it can reduce the water content in the concrete. When the amount of sodium gluconate added is 0.1%, the amount of water added can reduce by 10%. Besides, it can reduce cement content.
The ph value of sodium gluconate is alkaline and it also has good chelation and decomposition. So sodium gluconate cleaner has strong decontamination ability. For this reason, it can be used as an industrial oil dust remover. It can also effectively remove bottle stickers, bottle surface water. Besides, it has anti-fouling and rust removal ability.
As a metal surface cleaner, it can clean the oil on the surface of the equipment and plating parts, improve the coating finish and prevent the precipitation of hydroxides such as iron and lead in the solution. By cleaning with sodium gluconate, the coating and the steel surface can be firmly combined, so it can meet the special-purpose cleaning requirements of rhodium plating, chrome plating, tin plating, and nickel plating.
As a special cleaning agent for glass bottles, it can be used in many aspects such as in nozzles, pipes, bottle stickers and bottleneck rust and oil stains. It can also be used as a safe detergent for fruits and vegetables. It can remove harmful substances such as trace amounts of phosphate.
When used as a food additive, sodium gluconate food grade can increase the sodium content in the human body, and reduce the occurrence of hyposodium syndrome. Sodium gluconate in food has many advantages, such as excellent taste threshold, no irritation, no bitterness and so on. In addition, its salt taste is close to that of edible salt, and its threshold is much higher than other organic acid salts.
- Replace salt. It not only can reduce sodium absorption in the body, but also has a good soothing effect on nervousness. In fact, related studies have shown that excessive intake of sodium induces the production of hypertension. The salty taste of sodium gluconate is close to that of salt, while its content of sodium is only a quarter of that of salt. Compared with other low sodium salts, Acid sodium salt has some advantages, such as no irritation, no bitter taste or salty taste, it has become the best substitute for salt.
- Improving food flavor. In the food industry, the flavor is the most important indicator for measuring the sensory function of food. In fact, studies have found that gluconic acid sodium salt has the effect of masking the bitterness of food and improving the taste. All in all, it has a significant effect on the improvement of food flavor.
In the medicine industry, sodium gluconate can regulate the acid-base balance in the human body, so it can help to restore normal nerve function.
Sodium gluconate plays an important role in medical, for example, it can maintain extracellular osmotic pressure and volume, regulate acid-base balance, and exert normal functions of neuromuscular.
It can be used as a nutritional supplement, besides, it can also prevent hyponatremia.
Sodium gluconate could form complexes with metal ions that influence the appearance and stability of cosmetic products. It is especially used in cosmetic and personal maintenance systems due to its chelating characteristics.
Adding sodium gluconates in shampoos and cleansers to improve their lather by sequestering hard water ions. It can be found in toothpaste to sequester calcium and help prevent gingivitis. Sodium Gluconate can be present in soaps and face creams.
In the water treatment industry, sodium gluconate has an excellent effects on corrosion and scale inhibition, so it is widely used as a water quality stabilizer, for example, it can be used as a treatment agent for circulating cooling water systems in petrochemical enterprises, low pressure boilers, and cooling water systems for internal combustion engines.
In industry, glucose-containing substances (such as grains) are generally used as raw materials, and gluconic acid is prepared from glucose by fermentation, and then neutralized by sodium hydroxide to obtain sodium gluconate. In addition, we can also synthesize sodium gluconate by electrolysis and oxidation.
|Appearance||White crystalline powder|
|Purity %||98 Min|
|Loss on drying %||0.50 Max|
|Sulfate (SO42-) %||0.05 Max|
|Chloride (Cl) %||0.07 Max|
|Heavy metals (Pb) ppm||10 Max|
|Reduzate (D-glucose) %||0.7 Max|
|PH (10% water solution)||6.2~7.5|
|Arsenic salt(As) ppm||0.2 Max|
|Packing & Loading||25 kg/PP bag, 26tons in 20’FCL without pallets;|
1000kg/Jumbo bag on a pallet, 20MT in 20’FCL;
1150kg/Jumbo bag on a pallet, 23MT in 20’FCL;
Professional Sodium Gluconate Manufacturer & Supplier
If you are looking for sodium gluconate manufacturer or supplier online, then Henan Kingsun Chemical Co., Ltd. is a good choice for you. As a professional construction chemicals manufacturer in China. Kingsun has its own factory, the most advanced fully automatic production line and raw materials. And the annual output of sodium gluconate can reach 120,000 tons. Therefore, we can provide the sufficient goods and competitive factory prices for our clients.
Kingsun company has a very good reputation in domestic and foreign markets, and has established long-term cooperative relations with many new and old customers. At present, Kingsun sodium gluconate has exported to around 60 countries and regions, they are Qatar, Pakistan, Bahrain, Mexico, Chile, Israel, Brazil, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, Jordan, Russia, Peru, Bangladesh, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, india, etc. Welcome to cooperate with us!
By the way, if you have any questions or you would like to know the latest sodium gluconate price, please contact us online or leave a message below, we will be happy to help you. Welcome to inquiry!