Sodium naphthalene sulfonate formaldehyde (SNF), also known as SNF superplasticizer, naphthalene based superplasticizer, sodium naphthalene, naphthalene sulfonate, poly naphthalene sulfonate (PNS), sodium naphthalene formaldehyde, sulphonated naphthalene formaldehyde, naphthalene sulfonate formaldehyde (NSF),etc. SNF is widely used in the construction industry. Because this product not only has a strong dispersing effect on cement particles, but also has a higher water reduction rate. In addition, SNF is also highly utilized in various industries such as agriculture, plastics and rubber, papermaking, textiles and petroleum, etc.
Sodium Naphthalene Sulfonate in Concrete
Naphthalene series superplasticizer (naphthalenesulfonic acid formaldehyde condensate) and some other chemical admixtures play an important role in modern concrete materials and technologies, which can improve various properties of concrete and promote the development of new concrete technologies. When used with mineral admixtures at the same time, sodium naphthalene formaldehyde can promote the utilization of industrial by-products (such as ground slag and fly ash, etc.) in the cementitious material system, which helps to save resources and protect the environment. With the continuous search for more low-cost, environmentally compatible materials and technologies, it is expected that naphthalene superplasticizer will play an important role in future concrete production.
Sodium naphthalene sulfonate (SNF) is a light yellow to yellow-brown powder, and it is easily soluble in water, ethylene glycol, diethylene glycol, slightly soluble in alcohols, and insoluble in organic solvents. In construction industry, sodium naphthalene sulphonate is widely used to prepare free-flowing and pumpable concrete mixtures. As a leading manufacturer of construction chemicals in China, Kingsun naphthalene sulfonate powder for sale has three types, they are SNF-A, SNF-B, SNF-C. And they all have different technical specifications (as shown in the table below).
|Solid Content (%) ≥||92%|
|Na2SO4 Content (%)≤||5||10||18|
|Chlorine Content (%)≤||0.3||0.4||0.5|
|Net Starch Fluidity(mm)≥||250||240||230|
|Water Reducing Rate(%)||26||25||23|
|Packing||25kg pp bag; 650kg Jumbo bag. A customized package is available.|
Main Features of Sodium Naphthalene Sulfonate Formaldehyde
- Reduce cement dosage. If the concrete strength and slump are basically the same, cement consumption can reduce by 10-25 %.
- As a kind of high range water reducer, naphthalene sulfonate formaldehyde can improve the water reducing rate. When the water-cement ratio is constant, the initial slump of concrete can increase by more than 10 cm, and the water-reducing rate can reach 15-25%.
- The early strength of concrete. As long as using it, the strength of concrete can increase by 20-60%.
- Improving the workability of concrete. Adding SNF powder to concrete can not only save the amount of cement, improve the workability of concrete, but also speed up the construction progress.
- Good adaptability. Sodium naphthalene formaldehyde has a good adaptability with other admixtures, and can be widely used as the composition of compound admixtures, such as pumping agent, waterproofing agent, air-entraining water-reducing agent, antifreeze, etc.
- Safety. Non-irritating or radioactive, non-dangerous. It also has obvious technical effects and economic benefits.
- Suitable for many types of cement. Such as Portland cement, ordinary Portland cement, Portland slag cement, Portland fly ash cement, etc.
- It has a good effect on preparing a variety of concretes. For example, high-strength concrete, high-performance concrete, steamed concrete, large-fluid concrete, pumped concrete, etc. Of course, it is also particularly suitable for concrete construction in winter.
- SNF has been widely used in highways, bridges, tunnels, water conservancy and hydropower projects, ports, docks, skyscrapers, power engineering, industrial and civil buildings, prestressed components, etc.
- SNF powder can be used directly, or the cement aggregate can be fully moistened with 60% mixing water before adding it.
- When using porous aggregate, in this case, you should add water first, and then add SNF superplasticizer.
- When the slump is large, the vibrating time should not be too long to prevent bleeding and stratification.
- It can be used when it is prepared into a solution of the required concentration.
- When concrete needs to be transported for a long time or a mixer truck is used, it is a good method to mix the concrete with sodium naphthalene sulfonate before use.
- It has good adaptability with other concrete admixtures. For example, it can be widely used as a composite auxiliary agent composition, formulated into special functional auxiliary agents, such as pumping agents, waterproofing agents, air-entraining water-reducing agent additives, antifreeze, etc.
- Prevent damp and caking. When SNF powder becomes damp and agglomerates, it must be dissolved in hot water first, and then added together with the concrete mixing water, and the moisture must be deducted.
In order to comprehensively improve the performance of the naphthalene water reducer, the following methods need to be taken: adding an auxiliary admixture (compound) to the naphthalene-based superplasticizer to alleviate its deficiencies. On the other hand, naphthalene superplasticizers can be optimized by changing molecular parameters (molecular weight, molecular weight distribution, degree of sulfonation) or replacing part of naphthalene with part of other compatible monomers to form a copolymer. So far, naphthalene-based composite products have been widely used, that is, adding appropriate retarder to naphthalene superplasticizers to reduce concrete slump loss; using copolymerization to improve the performance of naphthalene superplasticizer , this method is currently in the research and development stage.
Naphthalene series superplasticizers are generally produced from industrial naphthalene (sometimes refined naphthalene). The production process is as follows: naphthalene undergoes a series of processes such as sulfonation, hydrolysis, condensation, neutralization, filtration, and spray drying, and finally becomes a powdery product.
- The content of Na2SO4 (3%-19%) within a certain range can improve the fluidity of cement paste. But if it exceeds this range, the fluidity of concrete will drop sharply.
- Generally, under the premise of a certain amount of water reducing agent, adding Na2SO4 can increase the early strength of concrete, but after 28d, its strength growth rate will decrease.
- When the content of Na2SO4 in SNF superplasticizer is increased, it can improve the fluidity of cement paste, the compressive and flexural strength of concrete, chloride ion penetration resistance and carbonization resistance. However, it may adversely affect the shrinkage and deformation properties of concrete.
- If the Na2SO4 content is increased in a lower range, the ability of the concrete to resist carbonization and chloride ion penetration can be improved.
- If excessive Na2SO4 is added to SNF, this will increase the alkali content in the concrete, accelerate the hydration, hardening and loss of water of the cement slurry, resulting in greater restraint stress and weakening the crack resistance.
Sodium Naphthalene Manufacturer in China
As one of the most professional concrete admixtures manufacturers & suppliers in China, Henan Kingsun Chemical Co., Ltd. has focused on researching and producing various types of water reducing admixtures for more than 15 years. These conrete admixtures mainly include sodium gluconate (concrete retarder admixture), high range concrete superplasticizers (sodium naphthalene sulphonate and polycarboxylate superplasticizer), ordinary water reducing agents (sodium lignosulfonate and calcium lignosulfonate) and other chemicals.So if you are looking for a reliable manufacturer, Kingsun is your best choice.
Why Choose Kingsun Company
- Kingsun has its own factory, fully automatic production lines, R&D center and quality inspection center, large warehouse, as well as a professional sales team. And our brand “Kingsun” has enjoyed a good reputation in domestic and foreign markets.
- Kingsun products have been exported to more than 30 countries and regions, including Mexico, Israel, Qatar, Bahrain, Pakistan, Chile, Brazil, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Jordan, Russia, Peru, Bangladesh, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand , Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, India, etc.
- We not only provide customers with sufficient supply, but also deliver goods to the customer’s destination port in time. Most importantly, our company has established a long-term and friendly cooperative relationship with many new and old customers from abroad.
- We always offer the high quality products, competitive factory prices and excellent services for all the customers. If you would like to know the SNF superplasticizer price, please contact us online any time. We also look forward to working with you!