Concrete Superplasticizer Definition
Concrete superplasticizer is also known as a high range water reducer. It refers to an admixture that can reduce water consumption and increase the strength of concrete. It also refers to the admixture for saving cement in the condition of constant workability and strength. While with the improvement of the quality of construction projects, the use of concrete superplasticizers has become increasingly widespread. The superplasticizer of concrete is different from the concrete plasticizer because it belongs to chemical products, not industrial by-products, so the purity is high, the advantages are outstanding, and the side effects are less. Compared with ordinary water-reducing agents, superplasticizers have stronger water reduction and reinforcement effects.
Types of Concrete Superplasticizers in KINGSUN
As a well-known manufacturer and supplier of concrete admixtures in China, KINGSUN has always been favored by consumers with good product quality and reasonable prices. There are two different types of superplasticizers for sale in KINGSUN, sodium naphthalene sulfonate and polycarboxylate superplasticizer. If you would like to know more about concrete superplasticizers and their prices, please leave us a message or send an e-mail.
1. Sodium Naphthalene Sulfonate for Sale
Sodium naphthalene sulfonate is currently the most widely used superplasticizer. It has a wide range of applications, such as applicable to Portland cement, ordinary Portland cement, slag Portland cement, pozzolanic Portland cement, fly ash Portland cement, etc., suitable for prestressed reinforced concrete, high strength concrete, high performance concrete, steamed concrete, large fluid concrete, pumped concrete, etc., can be used in roads, bridges, tunnels, etc. And it can prepare on-site pumping concrete with a large slump.
The advantages of naphthalene sulfonate are as follows:
1. This product is harmless to humans or animals. Besides, it has wide adaptability and significant enhancement to cement.
2. The naphthalene superplasticizer dosage in concrete is 0.5%~1.5% of the cementitious material, while the water reduction rate is 15~25%.
3. Sodium naphthalene sulfonate powder is yellow-brown, its liquid is brown, soluble in water, stable in chemical properties, long-term storage does not deteriorate.
4. It can save 15~20% of cement while maintaining the same workability and strength of concrete. Under the same mixing ratio, the initial slump of concrete can be increased by more than 10cm.
5. The water-reducing effect is obvious, which can enhance the workability of concrete at a low water-cement ratio and improve the fluidity of concrete.
6. This product is low in alkali and sodium sulfate, which effectively avoids the reaction of concrete alkali-aggregate, no precipitation or crystal at low temperature.
2. Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer
Polycarboxylate high performance water reducer has many advantages due to the design of an effective molecular structure based on the mechanism of dispersing cement, such as prevent concrete slump loss without causing significant retardation, high plasticizing effect at low dosage, good fluidity retention, high degree of freedom of cement adaptation to wide molecular structure, more synthetic techniques, and significant effect on concrete reinforcement , can reduce concrete shrinkage, etc. So it gives the concrete excellent workability, good strength development, and excellent durability. Polycarboxylate superplasticizer has good comprehensive technical performance advantages and environmental protection features, in line with the needs of modern concrete engineering. Therefore, it is gradually becoming the preferred admixture for the preparation of high-performance concrete.
Polycarboxylate superplasticizer is a kind of high-performance water reducing agent, which is a kind of cement dispersing agent in the application of cement concrete. Widely used in highways, bridges, dams, tunnels, high-rise buildings and other projects. Compared with water-reducing agents such as naphthalene, aliphatic and sulfonated melamine, the advantages of polycarboxylate superplasticizer are as follows:
- Good protection, no-slump or loss in 90min.
- In the case of the same fluidity, the impact on cement setting time is small. As a result, it can solve the problems of water reduction, bleed air, retardation, and bleeding.
- Polycarboxylate superplasticizer can prepare super-water reducing agents with special properties by adjusting the molecular structure.
- More slag or fly ash can be used instead of cement to reduce costs by adding polycarboxylate concrete admixture.
- The polymerization route is diversified, and the synthesis process is relatively simple. Since no harmful substances such as formaldehyde and naphthalene are used, the environment will not be polluted.
Properties of Concrete Superplasticizer
The concrete superplasticizer dosage is 1.5% of the cementitious material, but the water reduction rate can reach 20% or even higher. Superplasticizer has a strong dispersing effect on the cement, which can greatly improve the fluidity and slump of the concrete, reduce the water consumption, and significantly improve the workability of the concrete. Adding superplasticizer can improve the strength of concrete at different ages and save cement. Concrete superplasticizer has a small number of chloride ions and it does not cause rust on the steel bars. It can enhance the impermeability, freeze-thaw resistance and corrosion resistance of concrete and improve the durability of concrete. Concrete superplasticizer plays a vital role in the high performance of concrete because of its properties. It becomes an indispensable component of high-performance concrete.
Use of Super Plasticizer in Concrete
1. It is suitable for prefabricated and cast-in-place reinforced concrete in various industrial and civil construction, water conservancy, transportation, port, and other projects.
2. Suitable for high-strength, ultra-high-strength and medium-strength concrete, as well as early-strength, moderately anti-freeze, and large-flow concrete.
3. Used as water-reducing ingredients of various composite admixtures.
Why KINGSUN is Your Best Choice
As a leading manufacturer and supplier of construction chemicals in China, Henan Kingsun Chemical Co., Ltd. has been committed to research and produce concrete admixtures for many years. Our company has won high praise in the industry for its high-quality products and professional service. Our products have been exported to many countries and regions, such as India, Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Pakistan, Brazil, South Africa, Australia, Chile, Russia, Ukraine, Singapore, Malaysia. We have established long-term and stable trade relations with many customers. Except for polycarboxylate superplasticizer and sodium naphthalene sulfonate, we still have other chemical admixtures for construction, such as sodium gluconate, sodium lignosulfonate. If you are looking for concrete admixtures, please feel free to contact us, we will be happy to help you.