Hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) is a non-ionic, water-soluble polymer, white or light-yellow odorless powder. It can be dissolved in both cold and hot water and the dissolution rate increases with the increase of temperature. It has good PH stability, and the viscosity changes little in the ph2-12 range. Hydroxyethylcellulose has higher salt-resistance and hygroscopicity and has stronger hydrophilic and water retention. HEC aqueous solution has surface activity, high viscosity hydroxyethyl cellulose powder also has a high degree of pseudoelasticity.
- Product Name: Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
- Appearance: White to yellowish powder
- PH Value: 6.0~8.5
- CAS No.: 9004-62-0
- HS Code: 3912 3100.00
- Molar Degree of Substitution(M.S): 1.8-3.0
- Viscosity(mpa.s): 5-150000
| Item ||Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC) |
|Appearance ||White to yellowish flowing powder |
|Molar Degree of Substitution(M.S) ||1.8-3.0 |
|Water(%) ||≤10 |
|Insoluble Matter in Water(％) ||≤0.5 |
|PH Value ||6.0-8.5 |
|Light Transmittance ||≥80 |
|Viscosity(mpa.s) 2％, 25℃ ||5－150000 |
Hydroxyethyl cellulose, the non-ionic water-soluble cellulose ether product, is widely used in architectural coatings, petroleum, paper and ink, fabric, ceramics, construction, and other industries.
Main Properties of HEC
As a non-ionic surfactant, in addition to the properties of thickening, suspending, binding, emulsifying, film-forming, dispersing, retaining water, and protecting, hydroxyethyl cellulose for sale also has the following properties:
- Hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) is soluble in hot or cold water and does not precipitate at high temperature or boiling, giving it a wide range of solubility and viscosity characteristics, in other words, non-thermal gelatinizing.
- It can coexist with a wide range of other water-soluble polymers, surfactants, and salts. It is an excellent colloidal thickener with a high concentration electrolyte solution.
- The water retention capacity of HEC is twice higher than that of methylcellulose, which has better flow regulation.
- HEC cellulose has stable viscosity and good anti-mildew performance, which can provide enough storage time for coating and effectively prevent settling of pigment and filler. So that the coating in the construction of better leveling performance.
Hydroxyethyl Cellulose Manufacturer & Supplier
As a professional manufacturer & supplier in China, Kingsun Company has more than 15 years of production and sales experience in the construction chemicals industry. And our chemical products are widely used in building materials, coatings, synthetic resin, ceramics, chemicals, textiles, oil fields, plastics, and other industries. Do you know why Choose Kingsun?
- Kingsun owns a number of cellulose ether production lines. We use large vertical reaction kettle production, realize the whole process of automatic control of cellulose ether, and we can meet the requirements of a variety of production methods.
- Our company owns the most advanced research and development center, perfect the strict testing process, the product quality is stable and reliable. The company has passed ISO9001 quality management system, ISO14001 environmental management system, OHSAS18000 occupational health and safety management system, etc.
- We always insist on providing customers with high-quality products, reasonable factory prices, as well as excellent service and reasonable prices. If you need to buy HEC or other chemicals, please feel free to contact us.