Construction chemicals (or building chemicals) can be used to improve material performance and construction performance. The use of construction chemicals in engineering construction is a very effective method with both technical and economic effects. In general, these chemicals are commonly used: concrete chemicals, protective coatings, adhesives and sealants, etc. Next we will focus on these five common concrete chemicals.
As one of the top construction chemicals manufacturer in China, Kingsun can provide good quality building chemicals for customers from all over the world. Here are five chemicals used in construction, they are sodium gluconate, sodium naphthalene sulfonate, polycarboxylate superplasticizer, sodium lignosulfonate, calcium lignosulfonate. And these concrete chemicals have their own characteristics and uses.
List of construction chemicals
Sodium gluconate has a wide range of industrial uses and is used as a water reducer and retarder in concrete engineering. Its water-reducing, plasticizing, and retarding effects are very significant, which can greatly improve the workability of concrete, reduce slump loss, and improve the late strength of concrete. As a retarder, the initial setting time can be extended from a few hours to a few hours. And it has a wide range of applications, which can be applied to pumping coagulation, high-flow concrete, large-volume concrete, and high-strength concrete.
The main characteristics of sodium gluconate in concrete water reducer:
- Adding 0.5%-2.5% sodium gluconate powder to the water reducing agent can greatly improve the adaptability of the water reducing agent and cement fly ash and other cementing materials. Improve the strength of concrete. It can greatly reduce the slump loss of concrete, and it can even reach 1 hour without slump loss.
- The use of sodium gluconate in the water reducer can increase the water reducing rate of the water reducer and promote the plasticization of the water reducer.
- Sodium gluconate has a retarding effect on cement concrete. After adding sodium gluconate, other retarders can be added to achieve the retarding pumping effect. The water-reducing agent added with sodium gluconate can extend the plasticity time of concrete from the first few hours to more than ten hours, not only does not affect its strength but also improves the later strength of concrete.
Sodium naphthalene sulfonate is currently the largest and most widely used high-efficiency water-reducing agent. It is characterized by a high water-reducing rate, no air entrainment, and a small impact on the setting time. It has relatively good adaptability to cement and can be compared with other various additives are used in combination, and the price is relatively cheap. Naphthalene-based superplasticizers are often used to formulate high-fluidity, high-strength, and high-performance concrete.
- When the concrete strength and slump are basically the same, the amount of cement can be reduced by 10-25%.
- When the water-cement ratio remains unchanged, the initial slump of the concrete is increased by more than 10cm, and the water reduction rate can reach 15-25%. To
- It has a significant early strength and enhancement effect on concrete, and its strength is increased by 20-60%.
- Improve the workability of concrete and comprehensively improve the physical and mechanical properties of concrete.
- Good adaptability to various types of cement and good compatibility with other types of concrete admixtures.
- It is especially suitable for use in the following concrete projects: liquid concrete, plasticized concrete, steam-cured concrete, impermeable concrete, waterproof steam concrete, white-ran curing precast concrete, steel, and prestressed reinforced concrete, high-strength super High-strength concrete.
Polycarboxylate superplasticizer is the third generation of superplasticizer, which is the most advanced superplasticizer with the highest technical content, the best application prospect, and the best comprehensive performance in the world.
Even in the case of the high slump, there will be no obvious segregation and bleeding phenomenon in the concrete prepared with high-performance water-reducing strength of the polycarboxylic acid system, and the appearance color of concrete is uniform.
For the preparation of high flow concrete, self-leveling concrete, self-compacting concrete, clear water facing concrete is very beneficial. When used to make high-grade concrete, the concrete has good workability, good stickiness, and easy mixing.
It has good compatibility with different kinds of cement and admixtures and solves the problem of compatibility between other kinds of city water and cementitious materials.
Sodium lignosulfonate is a kind of natural polymer with strong dispersibility. It is a kind of surface-active substance, can adsorb on the surface of various solid particles, can carry on metal ion exchange. At present, KINGSUN lignin series products have been widely promoted and applied in construction admixtures, chemical industry, pesticide, ceramics, metallurgy, petroleum, carbon black, refractory materials, coal water slurry dispersant, dyes, and other industries at home and abroad.
As a concrete water-reducing agent, sodium lignosulfonate has adsorption and dispersion effect on cement and can improve various physical properties of concrete. Reduce water more than 13%, improve the workability of concrete, and can greatly reduce the initial hydration heat of cement hydration, can be mixed into early strength agent, retarder, antifreeze, pumping agent, etc., and tea system high-efficiency water reducing agent made of liquid admixture basically no precipitation produced.
Calcium lignosulfonate is a kind of multi-component polymer anionic surfactant, the appearance of the brown powder material, slightly aromatic smell, has a strong dispersibility, bonding, integration. At present, calcium lignosulfonate products have been widely used as cement water-reducing agents, pesticide suspension agents, ceramic body strengthening agents, coal water slurry dispersants, leather kneading agents, refractory binder, carbon black granulation agent.
- Save cement. When the strength of concrete and slump close, the use of calcium lignosulfonate cement can save about 10%, the use of 1-ton water reducing agent can save 30-40 tons of cement.
- Improve the workability of concrete. When the cement dosage and water consumption of concrete are unchanged, the slump of low plastic concrete can be increased by about two times, (from 3-5cm to 8-18cm), and the early strength is basically close to that of unmixed concrete.
- It has a retarding effect. Mixed with 0.25% of the water reducing agent, wood calcium in keeping the same concrete slump, the initial setting time of ordinary cement delay 12 hours, 24 hours of slag cement, final setting time, 2 hour’s way cement slag cement 23 hours, if not to reduce water consumption and increase slump, or keep the same slump and to save when the dosage of cement, the setting time delay is much greater than decreases the larger of the water
- The air content of concrete has increased. The air content of blank concrete is about 1%, and the air content of concrete mixed with 0.25% wood calcium is about 2.3%.
Kingsun - Construction Chemicals Manufacturer
As a construction chemicals manufacturer in China, Kingsun has been focusing on the production and sales of various building chemicals with 15 years of experience. Our advantage lies in: we have our own factory, advanced production line and excellent sales team. So we can provide high quality products and competitive prices for all the customers. Moreover, our brand “KINGSUN” enjoys a good reputation in foreign markets. At present, our products have been exported to many countries and regions, including Pakistan, Bahrain, Mexico, Chile, Israel, Qatar, Brazil, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, Jordan, Russia, Peru, Bangladesh, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, etc. If you are looking for building chemicals for your business, please feel free to contact us at any time to get a free quote. At the same time we also look forward to cooperating with you!